Submit a Novel
How to Submit a Novel
Send three copies for review, with complete contact information, to:
VCU Cabell First Novelist Award
Department of English
900 Park Ave.
Hibbs Hall, Room 306
P.O. Box 842005
Richmond, VA 23284-2005
Books published January–June 2018: August 31, 2018
Books published July–December 2018: December 31, 2019
The Winner will be announced in June or July 2019.
Rules for Submission
- The submission must be the author's first novel, published in calendar year 2018.
- The author may have published previous work in a different form, such as poems or short stories, but the submission must be his or her first published novel.
- The USA must be the country of first publication for the submission.
- Self-published novels will not be considered.
- Books available in e-format only are not eligible.
- While books with crossover audience appeal may be considered, we reserve the right to eliminate those with a primary audience of young (YA or middle-grade) readers.
- The winning author must agree to attend the award event, usually scheduled for November.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.